The Literature Hub
Reviewed by Ivy
Author: Lee S. Hawke
Publisher & Pages: Blind Mirror Publishing, 125 pages.
“Featuring 7 original, fairytale-inspired science fiction short stories, this collection explores the division between mind, body, technology, and humanity in Hawke’s trademark haunting style.
1. A chronically ill civilian discovers that his immune system may be the key to human survival
2. A schoolgirl tries to escape her demons through levels of virtual reality
3. A data analyst falls in love with a software coder during a forced government assignment
4. A young boy is confronted with a horrifying truth about his constructed world
5. A jaded medical technician rediscovers the meaning of beauty
6. A girl scrambles to escape a horrifying alien invasion in a futuristic dystopia, and
7. A spaceship engineer struggles with the death of her only daughter.
Metaphysical and visionary, this collection of fantastic fiction combines humor, wonder, horror and humanity to create an enduring anthology of fairy tales for adults.” ~Amazon description.
Highlight: Excellent portrayal of the characters emotions.
Caution: Have a tissue box on hand.
Highlight: The themes are relatable and provides powerful statements.
Caution: You are bound to get confused by the complexity.